Russians Rock it at US Universities and Colleges
Video Contest for EducationUSA Russia
- Make a short, cool video about your university
- Help Russians learn more about US higher education
- Win an Apple iPad or AirPod for Best Videos
- Deadline March 22!
We want to help Russians learn more about what it’s like to study at a U.S. college or university campus. Are you a Russian studying now in the US? Do you want to help? Tell us your story by making a cool video about your time at college. The most interesting and fun videos will get featured on EducationUSA Russia social media and website and receive a pair of Apple AirPods. Top 3 videos that are the most entertaining, informative, and high quality will be awarded an Apple iPad Air. So, get your camera out, start filming and submit your video by March 22. We are looking forward to hearing about your U.S. college experience!
- You make the video based on your experience – you tell the story
- Videos should be between 15 and 120 seconds long
- Max file size is 50 MB, mp4 file
- Videos should be in Russian language
- You can use any video editor – there are many free apps that can help you (just Google or Yandex it!)
- Videos must be appropriate for youth audiences (e.g., no swearing, nudity, etc.)
- Russian citizen
- Currently studying at a US university, college, or community college
Videos should cover one of the following topics (you may submit more than 1 video but you must submit each one separately):
- Introduction of your university to a Russian audience
- Campus wellness center
- Food on campus
- University libraries
- On-campus jobs
- College sports
- Dormitories – what they look like
- University clubs
- Student government
- Career advising center
- Professor office hours
- Campus police and safety
- Studying and academic life (this can include a broad number of topics, such as time in class vs time out of class, following the syllabus, university bookstore, midterms, finals)
- Ethics and student code of conduct
- Wildcard theme: If you have another theme that you think will be interesting and important for Russians to learn about, you can submit that as well.
We’ll have a committee of Russians and Americans reviewing the video. The best videos will be used by EducationUSA on their website and promoted on social media. If any part of your video is used, we’ll send you a pair of AirPods and give you credit. Three top performers in the combined categories of : Most Entertaining, Most Informative and Best Technical Quality will be awarded an iPad Air.